Category Archives: Entertainment

Bonang’s new reality show was a huge hit with fans

Bonang Matheba at Somizi's wedding
Source: Instagram

Bonang Matheba is on cloud nine after broadcaster SABC reported that her latest reality show had broken viewership records.

A Very Bonang Year, based in part on her time in the US last year, debuted on SABC1 last weekend, reaching more than 1.8 million viewers.

“We are excited to announce that A Very Bonang Year reached a record-breaking 1.86 million viewership in its first episode of broadcast. This is unheard of for any broadcast platform in SA for a celebrity-driven reality show genre and at a time when SA viewers have more reality TV content to choose from,” Zandile Nkonyeni, Head of PR: SABC TV Channels, said in a statement.

She said the channel had avoided celebrity reality shows until now and was happy to see their decision to acquire Bonang’s show pay off.

The show was also a huge hit online, trending for two days straight. According to a statement from Bonang’s team, it reached more than 1.3 billion impressions on social media.

“The extraordinary amount of hashtag impressions — number 1 trending hashtag in SA over Saturday & Sunday — emphasised the ‘B Effect’, with even more hashtag impressions than the 1.1 billion reached during the launch of The House of BNG last year,” they claimed.

Bonang was just as excited at the news and told fans it was “madness”.

Share this posts using the below options

SK Khoza apologises for ‘inappropriate’ jacuzzi video

SK Khoza apologises for Jacuzzi video that went viral on Monday and hit trend lists.

The Queen actor SK Khoza has apologised to his fans, friends and the Fergusons after a video of him at a party featuring topless women in a jacuzzi went viral on social media this week.

The video shows the actor walking around the room, while topless women danced and touched each other. The video surfaced online and landed the actor on the trends list.

As fans shared their outrage over the incident, SK took to Twitter to apologise for his actions.

“An inappropriate video of myself was leaked online and I would like to profusely apologise to my family, friends, employers and fans for embarrassing them and myself.

“I have put Ferguson Films, my family, and Mzansi Magic in a position I totally regret,” he said.

He admitted that his actions were “unacceptable and said he should have made “better decisions”.

The party appeared to have happened during the lockdown to curb the spread of Covid-19, when mass gatherings and parties are prohibited, and SK said that he took full responsibility for his actions.

“I take full responsibility, especially at a time we are faced with a serious pandemic. I should have made better decisions. I need to do better. To everyone I have disappointed and hurt, I am truly sorry.”

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- sk khoza apologises for jacuzzi video -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-7118693865257173"
     data-ad-slot="6538972209"
     data-ad-format="link"
     data-full-width-responsive="true"></ins>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

The Fergusons, nor Mzansi Magic have responded to SK Khoza’s apology.

Share this posts using the below options

AKA back in the ring after Covid-19 battle

“It was tough” – Rapper AKA says, but he is better and already preparing for his boxing match with rival Cassper Nyovest.

Rapper AKA is back in the game after recovering from Covid-19, and went back at it and hit the gym this week, ahead of his boxing match with rival Cassper Nyovest.

The star took to Twitter on Monday to post a video of himself boxing, leading to a flurry of comments from his fans.

He thanked one of the users for his encouragement and revealed that it was his first session since recovering from the coronavirus earlier this month, and it was “tough”.

AKA first brought up the fight in a series of tweets earlier this year when he posted a video on Twitter of himself at the gym hitting a boxing bag. He wrote, “Tag short pan. Let him know his management don’t care about him letting him do this fight.”

At first Cassper appeared to reject the offer but later agreed.

The rapper is now leaving the house, after telling fans last week that he had recovered from the coronavirus.

Share this posts using the below options

Siphesihle Ndaba speaks about her hilarious encounter with traffic cops

Gomora‘s Siphesihle Ndaba has shared a hilarious encounter she recently had with traffic cops who mistook her for her character Mazet.

The star has captured the hearts of Mzansi with her role as the rough female gangster in Gomora, with fans often shocked when she steals cars with ease.

It was no surprise when Siphesihle took to Twitter to share how she was pulled over by a traffic officers who suspected she may have stolen her car.

“Just got pulled over by traffic cops, and it was honestly the funniest experience. I knew it was gonna go south when I rolled down the window and he said ‘Hau Mazet’,” she tweeted.

She continued to tell her fans about the questions she was asked.

“Where did you get this car?” “Don’t check the license, bro, I do not want get into trouble with  Sonto.” “Why isn’t Mazet written on your licence?” Who’s car is this? Did you steal it?” “Switch the car off, then restart it.”

Siphesihle said she never imagined herself as a TV actress but was loving the role as Mazet.

Share this posts using the below options

‘Uzalo’ halts production due to Covid-19

Uzalo production is to be on halt because of COVID-19 cases.

SABC 1’s popular soapie Uzalo has become the latest big name show to halt production due to Covid-19 after a crew member tested positive for the coronavirus.

In a statement, the broadcaster said it has been notified by producers, Stained Glass TV,  that it was shutting down on Friday and would “follow all the necessary protocols”.

It said the broadcast of the soapie would not be affected.

The broadcaster confirmed that all other productions which had been halted because of the virus had now resumed.

This includes Muvhango, which put a stop to filming last month to reduce the risk of exposure to Covid-19 on and off the set.

Uzalo actress Thuthuka Mthembu said the production had gone a long way to ensure safety on set. This included limiting the number of people on set for a recent wedding scene, social distancing, wearing of masks and sanitising before exchanging rings.

“The work we do requires us to get up close and personal with each other, so it has been incredibly challenging and we have had to do things differently.”

“We have our masks on and we are doing a lot of communicating with our eyes. It has to happen for the safety of all of us.”

Share this posts using the below options

Bonang returns to SABC1 with a new show: ‘A very Bonang Year’

Bonang new shows premiers early August on SABC1

After capturing the hearts of Mzansi as a presenter on SABC1’s entertainment show Live Amp more than a decade ago, media mo’gul Bonang Matheba has returned to the channel with a new reality show.

The star has been teasing the new show, based in part on her time and experiences in the US last year, for several months. There were talks about it being a holiday special or an exclusive on a streaming service.

Fans were finally put out of their misery on Tuesday night when it was announced that the highly-anticipated series, now named ‘A Very Bonang Year‘, had found a home on SABC1.

Speaking at a virtual media launch on Tuesday, Bonang spoke old how 2019 was one of the biggest years in her career, and fans will finally be able to see what she has been up to.

“I thought because 2019 was such a big year, I want everybody to be able to see what the hell I have actually been up to. I thought this is the perfect time to bring the story back home, to come home.”

She said the show will inspire viewers to not give up on their dreams and have their own great year.

The show will follow Bonang on her “global expansion”,  journeying from Prague to London, Manchester, New York and Los Angeles.

A teaser for the show was released, showing several behind the scenes moments from Bonang’s trip.

The show officially premieres on Saturday 1st of August 2020.

Share this posts using the below options

Sama nominations reignite beef between Maphorisa and Prince Kaybee

Maphorisa and Prince Kaybee don’t seem to give each other a break.

Like the Covid-19 pandemic, beef between Amapiano musicians Prince Kaybee and DJ Maphorisa doesn’t look like it will end any time soon.

The pair dug up the hatchet again over the weekend when Maphorisa weighed in on the SA Music Awards (Samas) nominees.

The top 20 shortlist for Record of the Year and Music Video of the Year awards were revealed last Thursday, with several big omissions.

Master KG, Sho Madjozi and Makhadzi were some of the artists fans thought should have been nominated.

Maphorisa slammed the awards, saying there needed to be a change in the way artists were selected for the awards.

Kaybee has received the most nominations so far, with his hits Gugulethu, featuring Afro Brothers, Indlovukazi and SUPTA, and Fetch Your Life, featuring Msaki,  nominated in both categories.

He was watching Maphorisa’s rant and hit his rival with a simple “subaweak”.

Phori was having none of it and told Prince Kaybee to go buy his masters before he speaks.

He added that he was at level: international and was not bothered about the Samas,  beyond speaking out for Limpopo artists who had been snubbed.

Kaybee had, however, already lost interest and moved on to provoking his other rival,  Cassper Nyovest.

The star had the streets in meltdown mode when he teased the visuals for his new music video, featuring a bus with Cassper’s nickname on it.

As one fan pointed out, if he doesn’t win at the Samas, at least Kaybee gets the award for “Pettiest Artist of the Year”.

Share this posts using the below options

Mihlali hits back: I will not be silent about the killing of my people

Mihlali refuses to keep quiet on the killings of the black community saying “I will never be quiet about the killing of my people.”

The whole world lent their voices to the #BlackLivesMatter movement that has been trending worldwide since the death of an unarmed African Black American man, George Floyd, and when Mihlali took to her Instagram to do the same and sharing how she felt on the topic, one of her followers issued her a warning.

According to the follower, she believes that Mihlali is jeopardising her opportunities to make money by being vocal about social matters.

Influencer Mihlali Ndamase did not mince her words when she shut down the user on Twitter who asked her via the DM’s not to comment on the black lives matter movement or the death of black people and sis wasn’t impressed at all!

“I will not be silent about the killing of my people. Where one door closes many will open, so if any brand does not want to be associated with me after this so be it, at least I will lose “a bag” knowing that I wasn’t silent during this time, because silence will not protect us,” Mihlali said.

The vlogger added that being silent at a time like this would be a personal regret.

“I would hate to look back and recall only posting aesthetics when my people were being killed and treated unfairly. So do not tell me about being quiet,” she went on to say.

Share this posts using the below options

somizi blocked nochill god on twitter after posting an edited video

Somizi , a well-known tv persona and one of the Idols SA judge took a video too personal and blocked @nochill_god. Just after his wedding, somizi took a video telling his fans that he is going to Europe for his Honeymoon. NoChill edited the video as a video call with Somizi. Below is the edited video

@nochill_god shared the screenshot on twitter and he said “Well it was a joke thou. Celebrities must understand “Comedy”.. see below tweet

Twitter people started commenting on this matter, below are some of the tweets

@nochill_god apologized for the video.

Share this posts using the below options