After 4 years of anticipation, the biggest music awards show in Africa is back and this time hosted in Uganda, in Kampala which is the capital city. These will be the first MAMAs to be hosted and streamed virtually in history due to the world pandemic, this will be the first time Uganda, ‘The Pearl’ of Africa will be hosting the event as well. Talk about a remarkable forging of history! The awards will be on the 20th of February 2021 (20/02/21) a date not to miss!
Minister of Tourism, Godfrey Kiwanda went to say that “This is Africa’s best moment as we showcase the Pearl of Africa. Welcome MAMAs to the Pearl of Africa! Welcome MAMAs to Uganda”
The MTV Africa Music Awards (also known as the MAMAs) were established in 2008 by MTV networks (now ViacomCBS Networks Africa) to celebrate the most popular contemporary music in Africa music industry. The 2008 and 2010 events took place in the land of Nigeria in the city of Abuja and Lagos respectively. In 2009, the event was then hosted again in Nairobi, Kenya after these 3 events, however, the awards came to a pause then returning to be hosted in Mzansi- Durban, in 2014 and again in Johannesburg- the year of 2016.
“Everyone knows that the Pearl of Africa (Uganda) is one of the most beautiful, most amazing parts of Africa…and the people, the vibe, the music in Uganda…there is no other place that is well and ready to host the MAMAs in 2021,”
These positive words by Monde Twala- a senior vice president of ViacomCBS Networks Africa, truly highlight the significant impact this awards show will bring in uniting African cultures once again; through the melodies and rhythms of the African sounds. We look forward to witnessing the exuberant artists from all over the continent gelling as one, you do not wanna miss this one Mzansi.
‘Japa’ is the lead single for his second up coming album titled “20 10 20”, the whole album is a commemoration to the disasterious events that took place at the lekki bridge in Nigeria.
The brutal massacre took place early this year specifically 18:50, 20 October 2020, members of the Nigerian army opened fire on peaceful End SARS protesters at the toll gate in Lagos state, Nigeria called lekki, this resulted with in deaths of twelve and other protesters injured.
Fans are excited to see what he has in
store for them.
The multi talented musician released his debut EP early last year titled (Not) just a man. Which was recorded and produced in Houston, Texas.
Wisdom collaborated with various artists
on the EP this included creatives such as ID cabasa, Marvy and more
And fans can’t wait to see the guest list on the anticipated album.
The nominees for the 63rd Grammy awards are out and the weekend was not even nominated for one award and The weekend ‘s fans are not taking pretty well.
It’s not up to debate that ‘blinding lights’ was a highly omnipresent song in the past year and It is hard to imagine this distraught year without the weekend’s ‘After hours’ there to make everything much more bearable and it’s no secret that he led experts predictions lists for the pasts months.
And yet the total number of nominees for the star amounted to zero.
Just a day before the Grammy nomination
were announced, Abel shared a message thanking his fans for the support and on
his after hours album journey.
just wanted to thank the fans for committing to this journey with me. i love you guys so much, none of this is possible without ya’ll seriously. XO
MZANSI’s very own Trevor Noah has been chosen to host the 2021 63rd annual Grammy Awards. The South African stand-up comedian who has relocated to America and since has been hosting The Daily Show. His show has been doing remarkably well, where he holds interviews with some of the most prominent celebrities in the US.
Noah went on to share his thoughts on being chosen to host the 63rd Grammy saying “despite the fact that I am extremely disappointed that the Grammys have refused to have me singing or be nominated for the best pop album I am thrilled to be hosting this auspicious event“,
Trevor went on to add sarcastically that he thinks as a one time Grammy nominee he is the best person to provide a shoulder to cry on to all the amazing artists who do not win on the night- “because I do know the pain of not winning the award”.
This year’s Grammy Awards were hosted by the amazing Alicia Keys. Trevor Noah, who was nominated for best comedy album at this year’s Grammys says he’s excited to be following the footsteps of someone who is brilliant both as a musician and a visual content creator.
The 63rd GRAMMY Awards nominees are to be announced today, 24 NOvember at 9am according to the US time. meaning we will hear shortly in an hour who the nominees are. The actual ceremony will take place on the 31st of January 2021. Be sure to keep on the loop for that!
Donald trump Junior, the first born son of the USA president, Donald Trump, tested positive for covid-19 early this week. The news were first published by international news agency Bloomberg Friday evening.
According to Business Insider, a spokesman
for Trump Jr. informed Fox News and Bloomberg that the president’s son is
asymptomatic and has been isolating himself since he received his positive
The spokesperson said to Fox News
“Don tested positive at the start of the week and has been quarantining
out at his cabin since the result.He’s been completely asymptomatic so far and
is following all medically recommended Covid-19 guidelines.”
Several members of the family have also tested positive for covid-19. Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald jr’s girlfriend tested positive and recovered earlier this year. she was infected in August and it was later announced in October by Donald Trump that the First Lady ,Melania Trump together with their son Barron had tested positive for Corona.
American RnB singer, songwriter Summer Walker is pregnant. She showed of a picture of herself on Friday. It appears that she has a bun in the oven and it looks like it has been in there for a while.
The American hit maker shared a picture on Instagram on Friday night, with her in a body hugging dress and her right hand on top of her exposed baby bump and she appears to be very happy, her wide smile on the picture is enough evidence. She flooded her caption with angel emojis. She even went on to shut off the comments on the post.
Reading a novel may sound daunting most times (even for me) but I have learnt that it’s mostly due to the fact that I simply had not set my eyes to ‘the one’, the one book that is so good to read, you simply can not put it down and believe you me, these following books may be outdated and dusty but they will have you sucked into the world of paper and imagination without warning! (don’t say I didn’t warn ya)
These Things Really Do Happen To Me is by Eastern Cape author- Khaya Dlanga. The author hails from ( Dutyini) Mount Ayliff, a tiny town in the Eastern Cape. Khaya is typically known for his witty humour on Instagram posts, so much so that this book is derived totally from the unthinkable awkward posts he humorously shares about on his Instagram page. If you want a good-laugh, kicked back reading. I totally recommend this book. (better enjoyed with popcorn and a glass of shiraz)
2. Hlomu The Wife took Mzansi readers by storm. It left us gushing for more, then obviously the author- Dudu Busani- Dube delivered; creating now a sequel by adding amongst of the books- The Zulu Brothers. South Africa went on a frenzy and has been expecting more of the authors intriguing tales. If you have read one of the books from Dudu’s sequels, do share one of your most ‘i wanna jump and put an end to this character’ moments of the books, cause wow, I have plenty!!!
3. If you have ever wondered what the world would have been if the colonial roles were reversed? this is for you. Noughts and Crosses explores the African culture that has colonised the English, however, the young children from the opposite worlds meet and fall for each other. Do these ‘star crossed lovers change their world??Find out! This is available as a series on Showmax as well .
4. “Watching it & reading is not the same thing“, surely this phrase has come up in some of your conversations with bookworms at least once right! although this may be true, (books are better than movies) this is the one book I started with the movie instead & I was struck! I wanted to know more hence i retreated to the book after. I found so many pieces left out by the movie- so word of advice, Start with the book! If you enjoyed The Proposal with Sandra Bullock or Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts then this is your watch and READ!
5. This is one of those books you hear about all the time but you just never find the time to read. but once you do, you ask yourself; what have I been waiting for this whole time? The Alchemist is about a young boy who leaves his home in search for something bigger, he embarks on a journey of discovering his destiny and realising his dreams of finding a treasure. This is essentially a piece of work that eleborates on what contenment, happiness and peace reallly are.
6. Author of I Tweet what I Like: So…sue Me! is a sensational writer. With so many students especially taking interest in her novels, she has become a Mzansi millennial sensation. Read her most sought after book: BARE and dive in!!
7. If getting lost in wonderland made Alice feel dizzy. Then clearly Robin Sharma had no clue his book would be this enticing. This is the one book that will test your spirit, strengthen you and empower you, all the while making you wonder of what is beyond the world than just the existence of human emotions.
8. This Zimbabwean novel will have any village-gown-up feeling nostalgic, and anyone wishing that they would have grown up around the Amarula trees. Nervous conditions by Tsistsi not only focuses on the transition of womanhood but also on how women should have opinions regardless of the time and age they find themselves in, talk about true feminism! it also zooms in on the concepts of the African culture.
9. If there are any questions about religion, self-consciousness, family, church you may have, the narrator of Purple Hibiscus goes through them with you. In the process you will most likely cry, laugh and most certainly be enlightened. Purple Hibiscus is one of those novels by Chimamanda, that just have you from the get go!
I hope you guys have a blast reading these, and yes, they are all available digitally- you really have no excuse! happy reading!