What we do:
Innervation PAN African Payments is a leading PCI-compliant payment and
switching business with over 20 years domain experience in providing streamlined,
integrated payment solutions and value-added services to all tiers of retailers, as well
as the broader financial services sectors in South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland,
Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Kenya.
To be the preferred provider and enabler of innovative payment, customer
engagement and value added services to retail, financial services providers and
mobile network operators in Africa, primarily by utilising our own enablement IP for
transaction acquisition and omnichannel integration, that adds value to our customers and their consumers alike.
We are focused on the following Payment and Value Added Services across all
o Card transaction processing and switching (integrated / standalone terminal)
o Alternative payments – Mobile / QR etc
o Compliance based payment solutions
o Payment Insights
- Customer Engagement: Gift Card, Virtual Vouchers & Loyalty, e-Receipting, Shopper
Marketing & Insights
- Commodity VAS: Airtime & Virtual Products
- Recon and Settlement
- Card and Account Management
What we believe in:
To provide client services & support to the Innervation client base in a multi-channel
contact centre environment. To assist clients in confirming transactions, logging pin
pad replacements and logging queries and issues on Synergy to escalate to the
relevant department. To provide first call resolution by transferring calls to relevant
departments, taking messages and escalating to department managers in urgent
cases. To make courtesy calls to get client satisfaction feedback.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
o Answer inbound calls within SLA.
o Log calls in Synergy and escalate to the relevant department.
o First line resolution i.e. assists with immediate resolution.
o Log and follow up on pin pad replacement calls to banks.
o Assist merchants with transaction queries and escalate complex issues to
o Make follow up calls to merchants and banks on outstanding queries and
provide relevant feedback as logged on Synergy.
o Make courtesy calls to determine client satisfaction and log feedback on
Synergy. If issues are raised during these calls, log the queries on Synergy and
escalate to the relevant departments.
- Screen incoming e-mails on Synergy within agreed SLA i.e. read the e-mail description,
add the client name and contact person, amend the severity, category and call status,
then confirm with client and get line manager approval to log to the relevant department.
- Ensure that e-mails are logged under correct department & call category.
- Answer and action calls according to the Innervation quality assessment document i.e.
follow the template:
o Store Name
o Store Contact Person
o Store Telephone Number
o Store Merchant Number
o How many tills does the store have
o Affected Till(s)
o Error Code
o Card Type (Chip or Non Chip & Bank Name)
o Serial Number
- Log e-mails according to the Innervation quality assessment document i.e. follow the
o Store Name
o Store Contact Person
o Ensure that calls and emails are correctly logged in Synergy with relevant feedback and/or comments.
- Complete allocated weekly and daily reports for clients.
- Assist other departments in making outbound calls to clients e.g. to get approval for
testing issues and to ensure client satisfaction on resolution, or to get serial numbers for
- Call customers to confirm details and to get missing information.
- Call-logging process.
- Escalation process.
- Pin Pad replacement process i.e. e-mail the banks, follow up telephonically and provide
feedback for every interaction.
- Update journals when required.
Key skills and experience:
- Matric (NQF level 4)
- 1 – 2 years’ client services and multi-channel call centre experience
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal & written)
- Decision making
- Basic MS office
- Internship for three months, after success one-year contract with possibility of
permanent appointment with benefits
- IT industry experience would be beneficiary
Suitably qualified applicants are requested to submit a detailed CV by email to
email@example.com. Kindly note that only short listed candidates, who
Meet the position requirements, will be invited to participate in an interview.