DJ Maphorisa has shut down all suggestions of ever collaborating with artist Prince Kaybee, after fans mentioned it wouldn’t be a bad collab — apparently so because he believes Kaybee is not in his league.
The request for a collaboration was made by tweeps who reasoned that the two talented musicians needed to put their differences aside for a greater cause, but according to DJ Phori, Kaybee needs to make about 40 hit songs before Maphorisa can even consider working with him.
“He needs to make at least 40 hits, he is a small boy,” Phori said.
Maphorisa made it clear that he wasn’t about that life.
Recent reports announced that Sjava has become the latest big-name artist to part ways with Ambitiouz Entertainment, following in the footsteps of several other musicians who had a public fallout with the record label. He said that he’ll be forever grateful for the record label giving him an opportunity and platform when no-one else did.
The rapper released a statement on Tuesday via social media, thanking the label for the opportunities it gave him. He said while there were differences between him and the label, there was no beef as they were parting ways amicably.
Earlier this month it was reported that the artist was unhappy with the label, but was still bound contractually, for some time to come, but a few months ago Sjava re-released his EP ‘Umphako’ under Next Level Entertainment.
Other artists including Amanda Black, Priddy Ugly, Fifi Cooper, Saudi, A Reece and most recently Emtee also dumped the label.
AKA is clearly a man in love, and his lyrics say as much as well as his recently posted picture with him and his new flame on the gram.
“I’ve been thinking ’bout you every twenty-one days/ It’s kinda ironic twenty-one is your age/ I needed somebody who can give me my space” his lyrics go on Cross My Heart.
After realising one of AKA’s latest tracks might be a dedication to his 21-year-old love interest, people had so many questions they had to get off their chests. AKA has always rapped about the women in his life and has had his girlfriends feature as the leading ladies in his music videos before. Remember Queen B in The World Is Yours?
So AKA’s fans wanted to know if he would have his current girlfriend make an appearance in the music video for Cross My Heart.
“Not a chance. She’s very private. First non-celebrity I’ve dated since uhm 2008,” AKA said.
Looks like Supa Mega finally found the one who understands what he needs.
Student and model Bianca Schoombee gained all the wrong attention literally overnight on Tuesday after an unknown Twitter user took a deep dive into the Miss South Africa hopeful’s Twitter feed.
The 21-year-old has won everyones attention when she had posted her virtual Miss SA entry on Twitter Saturday explaining why she believes she should take over from Sasha Lee Laurel.
Her newfound fame turned to notoriety when tweets of the young Schoombee using the n-word, dropping f-bombs and referring to people as sluts, and went as far as to commenting on someone’s skin colour which was unearthed. This turned the spotlight on more of her tweets.
Schoombee, like many other hopefuls, had to post her entry video to social media as part of the current format of the competition. In addition to having to post their introduction video on social media using the hashtag #MissSA2020 and tagging @Official Miss South Africa in their posts, entrants had to give the judging panel and organisation consent to do any and all necessary background checks.
Upon submitting entries, hopefuls agreed to adhere to the organisations’ media and communications policy which have not been made available to the public as of yet.
Please note: the following tweets contain strong language.
The thread continues, click on the link above for more.
The ‘Abomama’ actress wrote a rather heartfelt thread on Twitter to the minister of sports, arts and culture expressing the problems she’s faced during lockdown as a freelance actress.
“My name is Nokuthula Mavuso and I’m a freelance actor who hasn’t worked since the birth of my child in April 2019.” These were the words for the opening of her letter.
Nokuthula went on to explain that her upcoming gig was postponed due to the whole global pandemic and the lockdown imposed in Mzansi to curb the spread of the coronavirus. She had been under the impression that postponement meant that the government would come through for her as promised with financial aid during this difficult unforeseen time.
The actress said she had hoped the announced R150m relief fund allocated to help performers and artists during the lockdown would also assist her, but even after submitting all necessary documentation, she had been met with nothing but silent treatment.
A few actresses, such as Renate Stuurman, Rami Chuene and Florence Masebe had asked similar questions to the department in recent days.
Lockdown has affected a lot of people especially in the media and entertainment industry.
Whilst a lot of our celebrity couples are breaking up this quarantine Mzansi’s power couple and the owners of Ferguson Films.
Shona took to Instagram recently to gush over his wife Connie, posting a heartfelt message that will give anyone reading it goose bumps.
“I call her the blueprint. This is the face of consistency, the definition of strength and humility. You are power and [the] undisputed queen of television. My rock from day one sharp fede van toeka af. Ntlogele sane ke bolaile, Leave me alone brother, she is the one. #Nuff #OftenImitatedNeverDuplicated #BornWithIt #GaOferoga SebeteTlhatsa #TheQueen #MrsSho.”
Connie wrote a sweet birthday message to her smile keeper. In it, she praised him for being a good loving husband, father to their children and the coolest grandfather to their grandson.
“To the most humble, most faithful, most loving, most giving, most hardworking and most fun person I know, the love of my life. You are a good father to my children and coolest grandfather,” she wrote.
These two lovebirds are not shy to declare their love for one another now and then, flauntain’t their love for each other on social media.
On May 11 2019 actress Dineo and her husband, rapper Solo, said “I do”.
The two tied the knot after dating for six years, and Dineo explained how being married didn’t change much for her.
“I don’t feel like anything has really changed. I feel like this was always our dial, this has always been our frequency of how we were as a couple. The six to seven years we were together before we got married, we were always like this for me. It’s been really good.”
On their year anniversary, they shared a YouTube video in which they spoke of their journey revealing how happy they are that they are living the rest of their lives together.
The video series, titled “The Langas”, launched just in time to celebrate the pair’s first wedding anniversary, which was on May 11 2020, Monday.
The couple’s ‘ultimate’ truth was that marriage had been everything they thought it would be, and even more.
“For me, the biggest thing about this first year of marriage is that I’ve been happy,” Dineo said.
The Langa’s put together a montage of footage from their wedding, and touches on the stress around the planning for their big day.