“why is it so important to know what to include on my Instagram bio? is it really necessary?” … Someone asked me this question, and she is an influencer. Before I even tell you what I said to her, let me ask you a question? especially if you are inspiring to become an influencer. When you apply for jobs, do you guys know that the CV that you submit is your Bio? well… So, Instagram bio represents you to brands. You might be one of those “influencers” who is struggling to get brands recognition ONLY because your bio doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to be recognized. well that is what i said to her..
Here I am going to give you 5 important things you should include on your Instagram bio.
- INCLUDE YOUR REAL NAMES
- Most people do not know that including their real name under instagram profile is a tick from brands. If you do not include your real name on your bio, you might miss a lot of opportunities from brands. Brands are big corporates and they only deal with real people and they prioritize professionalism. Instagram gives you a chance to have a username and your real name. My Instagram username is “nochill_god” but if you look under my profile, you will see “Ndivhuwo Muhanelwa”. See picture below. So include your real names , do not be shy “Edward”..
2. ADD YOUR LOCATION (not exact location)
- Sometimes when brands are looking for influencers for a specific campaign, they consider location, for example – Huawei launching their latest mobile phone in Sandton and they want influencers to come to the launch, they often look for influencers who are around the sandton area. If you look at the below photo, you will notice i just wrote “Gauteng’ , I WASNT SPECIFIC ABOUT MY LOCATION , PLEASE DON’T. So if you have a location on your bio, you making it easier for brands to know where you are located and it will help them to allocate you for different campaigns based on your location.
3. CHOOSE YOUR INSTAGRAM TITLE
- Creator account and business account allows you to choose a catagory – what you do on instagram, some categories are; Digital creator, video creator, comedian , artist, Model and etc. Your title should resonates with what you post, you can’t choose category “Video creator” but you ONLY upload pictures of yourself. It doesnt make sense to anyone including brands, so stop embarrasing yourself. Your title should always match your content. I am a content creator/Digital creator , hence i chose that option, and if you check my content you will notice that it matches with my Category.
4. INCLUDE YOUR ACHIEVEMENT
- if you are a content creator and you have some sort of achievements, let brands know. Put it on your bio. Remember that your bio is like your CV, if you have achievement section on your CV, also include them on your bio. These achievements should not be off the social media – you should include achievements that you obtained by your social media platforms or the talent you arw showcasing on instagram. I achieved more than 4 awards last year in 2020 , and brands should know that i am multi awards winner.
5. IMPLIMENT CALL-TO-ACTION (CTA)
- Don’t worry if you have never heard about CTA, but if you are an influencer you should understand terms like CTA, deliverables , CPM and ER. But we will talk about this later. CTA is a method of directing people to take action to achieve deliverables. for example, i included my link on my bio and i even told my people that it is floyd’s video. On my posts , i always direct people to CTA , which is go click on my bio to watch a full video. Most of you might not have youtube links but you can always put your contact details and tell people to whatsapp you if your account is for business or any other action you need people to perfom, could be a link to your website or to your Onlyfan page.
IF YOU FIND THIS HELPFUL, PLEASE SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS USING SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS – THANK YOU GUYS!!